I’ve been procrastinating on learning how to use my serger. No more! One of my goals for 2015 is to learn new things. It’s not yet the new year but I had a nice break in my sewing projects to clear off my desk and dive into the unknown.
A few months ago my mother-in-law found this unused old serger and gave it to me. It’s been in its box until this weekend. I decided to start with something easy and made rags for my hubby’s garage workshop. These were towels given to us by a neighbor and cut into sixths then serged around the edges.
Here are some things I’ve planned for QUILTArtbyMegan in the new year.
- A spiffy new professional logo.
- Tags! They’ll be sewn into quilts, place-mats, bags, tree skirts, and bibs. You know, stuff I make.
- More tags! These ones are for custom orders. If it’s something special for someone special it’ll have the regular tag plus this one. 🙂
- New business cards. My old ones are cute but… well…. they only have my etsy shop on them. It’s time to have contact information on cards I give out so people can contact me! The new ones have arrived and have my phone number, email address, and blog URL listed. Better.
- Favorites Fridays. I’ll be blogging every (or most) Fridays about my favorite things: projects, inspiration, photographs, memories, tools, experiences and more.
- Link-Ups. I’ll be hosting link-ups for the Favorites Fridays posts. I hope other bloggers will join in and write about their favorite things. I’ll have a link party every month in the beginning. Then as more people join in it may become bi-weekly or even weekly. For those who don’t know, a link-up is a place to collect blog posts on the same subject.